Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Kids do the darndest things

This is our last two weeks of summer vacation with the girls and already it has been full of laughs.

Jessica's moment:
Last night I took the girls to the YMCA with me while Josh mowed the lawn. While at the YMCA, I went on the top level to run so that I could keep an eye on the girls as they played downstairs on the gym floor. Next to the open play area, there was a karate class in progress. As I ran around the track, I noticed Jessica staring at the participants in the class and inching closer and closer to them. Finally when she was within a yard of the instructor, staring at him, I called down to her to move away from the class.

Jessica was in her own little world and completely mesmerized by the karate class. But it made me laugh to think of the people participating in the class and watching it as they were sure to go home that evening and comment on the "strange little girl that stared at them throughout the class."


Danielle's moment:
This morning while making their lunches, I asked Dani and Jessi if they preferred a cup of applesauce or a cup of Mandarin oranges. Danielle looked at me and said, "peaches." Ok, this isn't the first time she has done this to me, but I really thought we had clarified the last time, that when I give her options, those really are the only options. So I asked her, "why do you do this to me?" "I just really wanted peaches," she said.


Hope you enjoy our little bit of humor and a look into the minds of 8 and 10 year-old little girls. If you are confused after reading this... join the club!

-Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment