Sunday, July 19, 2009

Guess What!?!?

Today at church, we had a very special event. Danielle accepted the Lord into her life and was baptized.

Here is how it happened in Dani's own words:

I told all of my friends that I was being baptized. They all got 'big-eyed' when I told them. Then Shawn (our youth minister) told me it was time to go downstairs. When everyone started singing, Shawn and I walked down the aisle towards Mark (he is our Pastor). Mark told everybody that I was coming forward to be baptized and we all sang another verse of the song in case anyone else wanted to come forward. After the verse, I repeated after Shawn the good confession of faith. I said it like a grown-up - nice and clear. After that, I went and got dressed; so did Daddy because he was going to do the baptizing. I got out of the dressing room, and Daddy was wearing big, rubber boots. When I got in the water, it was really warm. When I came out of the water I felt different, like I was a new person. Afterwards, everyone congratulated me. I already felt like a better person.

Josh's note: If I could go back to the 10 Questions post, my answer for Number 3 would now be baptizing my daughter... I've never been so proud. I would say this made up for all the disappointments we had this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment